We are pleased to announce the Anchor Bay Capital MoneyLife seminar series. This series of bi-monthly online seminars will cover financial planning and investment topics that are most important to you during pivotal times in your life.
This webinar provides an in-depth look at what happens to
your assets when you pass away and how to avoid costly estate mistakes. It also
teaches about the fundamental documents that make up an Estate Plan and various
Estate Planning strategies available for implementation.
Topics that were covered include:
• How your money passes at death
• Why everyone needs an estate plan
• Understanding your estate documents
• Common mistakes to avoid
Our investment team delivered a mid-year recap of the financial markets/economy and also provided some perspective on our outlook for the rest of this year.
• Financial Markets Mid-Year Review
• Economic Mid-Year Review
• Financial Markets Outlook
• Economic Outlook
Highlights of SECURE Act 2.0:
• Changes to the Required Minimum Distribution Age
• Expanded Catch Up Provisions
• Expanded ROTH Opportunites
• Catch Up 401(k) changes
• College Planning Opportunities
• Student Loan Matches • 529 to Roth Rollover
A lot of tax planning strategies must be enacted before the end of the year. Given this, we broke down some of the most common well in advance so that you feel informed about what to consider over the next few months.
Questions that we addressed:
• Roth Conversions
• Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
• Retirement Account Contributions (401(k), IRA, Roth, etc.)
• Bunching Itemized Deductions (Charitable, Medical, etc.)
• Income/Expenses Shifting (Accelerate, Delay, etc.)
• Medical Savings Accounts Contributions (FSA, HSA)
• Student Loan Forgiveness (Recent Legislation)
In retirement, the switch flips from the accumulation phase to the decumulation phase. You start to rely on your fixed income sources (pensions, social security, etc.) and savings (investment accounts, etc.) to meet your lifestyle, instead of a biweekly paycheck.
Given this fact, it’s no surprise that many wonder, how do I make my money last? Well, in this presentation, we gear you up with some tips and tricks on how to effectively prolong the life of your assets.Topics that were covered:
This presentation focuses on the current state of the economy; financial and real estate markets. Additionally, our team of experts provide some perspective on our outlook for the future.
Questions that we addressed:
• Are we headed for a recession?
• How bad can the bear market get – will it be a grizzly bear or a teddy bear?
• What will happen with inflation and interest rates?
• How can the Federal Reserve fight inflation without causing a recession?
• What’s the vision for the economy?
• What’s the outlook for the financial and real estate markets and what does it mean for my portfolio?
• What should I know about the new tax legislation (Secure Act 2.0, etc.)?
• Are there tax and financial planning strategies that I should consider this year?
Medicare Specialist Bob Brenardo of Medicare Benefit Advisers, breaks down all aspects of the Federal Medicare Program in this presentation.
Topics Covered :
• When & How to sign up for benefits
• Medicare Parts A, B, & D
• Understanding premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
• How to choose a Medicare supplement
• Medicare planning strategies
If you are approaching Medicare age (65) or are already on Medicare and want to understand your benefits, this is a must-watch!
In this presentation, we addressed how reverse mortgages can be used as a tool in your retirement income plan. Since we do not sell, market, or make money off of reverse mortgages, we can provide you with unbiased advice on this often misunderstood strategy.
Topics Covered :
• How reverse mortgages work
• The pro’s & cons of reverse mortgages
• The various ways they can be used (paying off a current mortgage, buying a new home, as portfolio protection or as an income source)
• The costs associated with reverse mortgages
• Reverse mortgages and taxes
• Whether the negative stereotype they have is warranted
• Your other options for tapping into home equity in retirement
Market, Economy, and Taxes : 2021 Review & 2022 Forecast
MoneyLife Series Webinar on Estate Planning. This webinar will provide an in-depth look at what happens to your money when you die and how to avoid estate mistakes. Learn how to prepare for your heirs.
Estate Planning topics that will be covered include:
In this honest & informative webinar, our tax specialists will cover what is real and what is hype and what you may need to do to prepare for any possible changes. We will also discuss year-end tax planning strategies for the rest of 2021.
This program is taught by a Certified Financial Planner & Certified Divorce Financial Analyst